When you need relief from lower back pain but want to explore non-invasive options, chiropractic care may be the best option for you. Dr. Roderick H. Sorensen is an experienced chiropractor with years of experience diagnosing, treating, and preventing lower back pain. If you're suffering from lower back pain, contact us to schedule your first consultation for a thorough assessment.
Lower Back Pain: Causes and Risk Factors
Conditions that can cause lower back pain include age-related degenerative changes (including spinal stenosis, degenerative disc disease, and spondylosis), acute muscle strains or ligament sprains, disc herniation, disc bulge, and nerve root compression (including sciatica or lumbar radiculopathy). Sometimes, a person might have debilitating lower back pain even without a specific diagnosis.
The likelihood of experiencing lower back pain tends to increase if you have any of the following risk factors:
- Old age
- Family or personal history of back problems
- Car accidents and other types of acute trauma or injury
- Depression, fibromyalgia, and other underlying health conditions
- Overweight or obesity
- A job that requires physical labor, including heavy lifting, bending, and twisting
- A sedentary lifestyle
How Our Dinuba Chiropractor Treats Lower Back Pain
Our Dinuba chiropractor offers various services that improve spinal alignment and range of motion, reduce inflammation and pain, and promote a faster healing process. During your first consultation, our chiropractor will assess your medical history and current health. From there, we may require imaging tests like x-rays or CT scans for an in-depth analysis. Once we understand the root cause of your low back pain, we can create a personalized treatment plan that’s right for you. Our chiropractor will work with you over several treatment sessions to ensure optimal results.
Strategies to Prevent Lower Back Pain
A prior history of lower back pain increases the likelihood of experiencing lower back pain again in the future. The good news is that there are things you can do to prevent recurring lower back pain. Here are some helpful prevention strategies that our Dinuba chiropractor recommends:
- Meet regularly with our chiropractor for whole-body tune-ups to ensure your spine and nervous system are functioning optimally
- Stay physically active—we recommend about 30 minutes of moderately intense exercise on most days of the week
- Maintain a healthy weight and eat a balanced diet that our chiropractor recommends for you
- Learn what safe body mechanics are for your daily and occupational activities
Visit Us for Lower Back Pain Treatment from Our Chiropractor in Dinuba, CA
Contact our team at Dinuba Chiropractic today by calling (559) 591-4775 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Sorensen.